Big Things Happening...

Recently we shared some big news! Later this year, around late August or September, our family will be growing and we are so excited! 

Eucalyptus Blanket from Saranoni Luxury Blankets


Remember Birth Doula here, so there'll be no big to-do over the due date. The only ones we plan on sharing the estimated due date with is our doula team for planning purposes. Babies come when they're ready, for the most part, and there really are no due dates only variations of normal. If you've ever wondered whether doulas have doulas, you might have guessed but the answer to that is, yes! Doulas are worth their weight in gold, and I'll be sharing more later on about my doula team, why I choose to have doula support, and for those planning to embark on their own pregnancy journey later on I'll share more about how to choose the right doula for you, your family, and your birth. 

In the past I've documented my pregnancies, both for myself to help acknowledge and process (Psych major, all about feeling the feels) the journey I was on and as a keepsake for my boys. I've also always believed it's rather miraculous that there are so many of us walking around on this planet. Once you've spent hours learning, reading, and studying about how much can go wrong and everything that needs to go right from conception to birth, it's kind of impossible not to think it's amazing! Our bodies can grow an entire organ, tiny human(s), and after birth feed and sustain them... It's remarkable and worthy of documenting.

The Happy Planner by Me and My Big Ideas, similar here


For this pregnancy journey my intention is to document and share as much as doula and mom life permit and when it feels right to do so. I hope to share the good, the preparation, the growth, the honest and real. I'll also be highlighting some of my favorite resources for pregnancy, birth, and motherhood both here in Orange County and online.

Nurture by Erica Chidi Cohen // Sparkling Mama supplement powder

How far along: 8 weeks and a few days
Gender: unknown, and we're planning to wait to find out at birth
Nickname: Baby Dinosaur Jesus Coco, named by Diego and Cruz of course
Maternity clothes: aside from my Bun Maternity hoodie that I practically live in, no other maternity clothes yet. Let me tell you though, the bloat is REAL and I've already gained a couple pounds.
Sleep: Eh, ok I guess. Save for the fact that Cruz is still waking and migrating to our bed at night to force us to sleep in the most awkward positions. I'm convinced I'll always have at least one person to keep me company during twilight feedings in the future
Best moment this month:  sharing the video we took during the dating scan with the boys. Diego was so excited, "that's our baby dinosaur Jesus coco!"
Worst moment this month: hmmm, not really a singular moment since it happens daily, but I could definitely do without the nausea and vomitting
Miss anything: my regular cup of coffee in the morning. I've started skipping it due to nausea and it's completely thrown off my ritual
Movement: not yet
Cravings: hah! Of course! Sparkling water and conchas.
Queasy or sick: Yes to both
Looking forward to: the second trimester where I hope* the nausea subsides


Hoodie by Bun Maternity

XO

Comments

  1. Can't wait to read more about your journey <3 Hope the "morning" sickness subsides soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts