16 Week Update!

Little onesie // Mama & Little
pants // June and January


The fact that we're here, at week 16, already seems kind of crazy! Time seems to be flying by compared to my first and second pregnancy, but maybe it's the fact that raising two tiny humans and doula work keep me fairly busy. We're also unexpectedly but happily moving (seriously, exhausted just thinking of the next couple weeks), and after much deliberation we decided to take a 5 week Hypnobirthing series with local birth doula and instructor Jessie of Feather and Fawn Birth.



Hoodie // Bun Maternity


You might be thinking why Hypnobirthing? - Deciding to finally take a Hypnobirthing class (this is only my third pregnancy) was actually fairly easy. As I've shared before, after the birth of my second boy I struggled with postpartum anxiety. Some of the tools I used, in addition to a supportive provider and medication, to help get me through that postpartum season were meditation, affirmations, and deep relaxation. Reflecting back on how much these tools impacted my journey with PPA, I realized I wanted to expand on these practices and learn how to apply these to my birth experience. As a birthing person who will be having a trial of labor after two prior cesareans and as a birth doula, it was also extremely important to me that any tools I chose to allow a place in my journey and use for this upcoming birth experience be useful regardless of our birth outcome and use language that was in line with this. I didn't want a technique that stressed only certain outcomes as being successful, especially since we know there is much to birth that we cannot control. I shared about some of my favorite local class options in my last post, but if you want to read more about the specific class I've chosen you can check it out here.




How far along: 16 weeks and a few days

Gender: we may or may not know ;) and we may or may not share. I guess you'll just have to follow along to find out.

Nickname: Baby Dinosaur Coco

Maternity clothes: Hell yes! Ain't nobody got time for uncomfortable clothes. Favorites still- Bun Maternity hoodie (pictured above), Bun Maternity high low tank, and old navy's full panel workout leggings. Other than those I'm still wearing my regular tees and tanks.

Sleep: Occasionally, in between waking up to pee and getting situated next to a 4 and 2 year old who always seem to migrate to our bed.

Best moment this month: During our last hypnobirthing class we dedicated some time to connecting and talking with baby, and this little human moved more in that short period of time than ever before. It was the sweetest experience and really reaffirmed my decision to invest some time in this class.

Worst moment this month: we're moving, which is expensive and exhausting, but I know it's for the best.

Miss anything: I could really go for a giant poke bowl.

Movement: Yes!! It's one of the best parts of pregnancy.

Cravings: spicy foods

Queasy or sick: occasionally, but definitely not as much as during the first 14 weeks! Thank Goodness!

Looking forward to: baby growing and even bigger movements the boys can experience too. They're both so excited, so I know they'll get a kick out of it.

Comments

Popular Posts